A Danish industrial fairy-tale
The HARDI idea started in 1957, when Hartvig Jensen established the company. He was a gardener and needed a quality sprayer. After a few years the company expanded horticulturally and invested in large production facilities outside Copenhagen. The HARDI sprayers were soon retailed not only to Danish, but also European farmers, and the company expanded rapidly.
HARDI Australia is often the envy of other manufacturers when it comes to design, development and testing of spraying equipment. We have 15,000 square metres of modern development, manufacturing and distribution facilities situated on a 10ha location, 10 km from the Adelaide CBD.
The Australian product development centre works closely with 5 other global HARDI development centres to bring together the best spraying technologies for Australian farmers.
With the largest design and development engineering team working on spraying equipment HARDI is able to offer sprayers which are ideally suited for Australian spraying conditions.The HARDI dealer network of more than 300 locations Australia-wide ensures we provide quality sales, service and parts support to our customers and the know how for accurate chemical application.
The HARDI Academy was founded in 2005 to impart the wealth of technical knowledge gathered through years of local and international spraying experience. The Academy offers a wide range of courses, from 1st level technician to high specialist level, and its strategic focus is the education of our customers and dealers.
- 1957 HARDI was founded by Hartvig Jensen Production of the 1-cylinder HARDI pump started
- 1958 Factory buildings in Glostrup, Denmark were bought
- 1959 Started export of pumps to Evers & Wall (England)
- 1967 SVENSKA HARDI was founded
- 1971 Nørre Alslev was built 5,000 m2 (today 47,000 m2)
- 1987 EVRARD in France acquired
- 1988 ILEMO in Spain acquired
- 1987 The air assisted concept TWIN was born
- 1989 New head office and factory in Taastrup
- 1995 World leading hand-operated sprayers COOPER PEGLER was acquired
- 1997 Auriga Industries acquired HARDI
- 1998 Australian production site established
- 1999 POMMIER in France acquired
- 2000 New paint facility and redesigned factory layout in Nørre Alslev
- 2001 Consolidation of Scandinavian markets. Delivery of fully assembled and tested sprayers directly from Nørre Alslev factory
- 2002 Australian distribution acquired
- 2003 All production in Denmark gathered in Nørre Alslev
- 2004 Sales organisation in Poland established
- 2005 Launch of the New COMMANDER trailers based on "Functional design". 12 European Awards
- 2006 Launch of "The intelligent sprayer" concept
- 2007 HARDI 50th Anniversary - Download brochure
- 2007 HARDI joined EXEL Industries
- 2010 HARDI SERVICE parts supply distribution set-up established in Sagvigny in France
- 2011 HARDI introduces new 3-D logo along with the new HARDI payoff "The Sprayer"
- 2011 HARDI introduces ALPHA evo based on ergonomics, visibility, optimization